HW Membership Suite
Come Meet With Us...
We invite you to attend our bi-monthly general membership meeting, which is held on the first Thursday (of the months listed below) at the First Presbyterian Church of Port Orange at 6:30 pm.
This is an opportunity to learn about club activities and events. Your participation is encouraged, and your suggestions are important.
Come Join Us!
If you enjoy exercise and the great outdoors, than The Happy Wanderers Walking Club could be a good fit for you. Our affiliation with the AVA allows us to offer more structured walks that are held on Sunday mornings during the warmer months; afternoons during cooler months. We host “Fun Walks” on Wednesday evenings and walk for an hour.
Annual membership fees are affordable at just $15 for an individual and $20 per household.
We welcome new members, but you don’t have to join a club to enjoy the volkssport events. All events are open to the public.
We Would love to have you join our Club Family, so click the application button to start the process and Come Walk With Us!
THE BENEFITS OF WALKING
Research has shown that the benefits of walking and moderate physical activity for at least 30 minutes a day can help you:
- Reduce the risk of coronary heart disease
- Improve blood pressure and blood sugar levels
- Improve blood lipid profile
- Maintain body weight and lower the risk of obesity
- Enhance mental well being
- Reduce the risk of osteoporosis
- Reduce the risk of breast and colon cancer
- Reduce the risk of non-insulin dependent (type 2) diabetes
There really are so many benefits for such a simple activity!